SIM800L GSM/GPRS Module
- Reviews (0)
SIM800L Module is a small GSM/GPRS Module and ideal for small ideal projects. The module supports quad-band GSM/GPRS network, available for SMS and GPRS message data remote transmission. The SIM800L communicates with the microcontroller via UART port, supports command including 3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands. Besides, the board also supports A-GPS technique which is called mobile positioning and gets the position by mobile network. This feature makes it can also be a tracker module.
The SIM800L can work up to 2Amps current at peak. It also has a low power consumption feature that consumes 1mA Current in sleep mode. You need to power the module from 3.7V to 4.2V as per the datasheet. More than that will damage the module. You can use a buck converter to achieve this voltage range.
- 2G Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Receive and make calls using the speaker and microphone outputs
- Receive and send SMS
- Listen to FM radio broadcasts
- GPRS multi-slot class12 connectivity: max. 85.6kbps(download/upload)
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Controlled by AT Command (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Supports Real Time Clock
- Operating Voltage range 3.4V ~ 4.4V
- Supports A-GPS
- Low power consumption, 1mA in sleep mode
- Micro SIM Card
LED Blinking status:
If the power to the SIM800L is enough, the onboard LED starts blinking. The frequency of the blinking denotes the following:
- Every second: searching for a network.
- Every three seconds: connected to a network.
- Twice per second: connected through GPRS.