ESP WROOM 32 ESP32 WiFi and Bluetooth Module
- Reviews (0)
ESP32 is a powerful, generic WiFi-BT-BLE MCU module that targets a wide variety of applications, ranging from low-power sensor networks to the most demanding tasks, such as voice encoding, music streaming and MP3 decoding.
At the core of this module is the ESP32 chip, which is designed to be scalable and adaptive. There are 2 CPU cores that can be individually controlled or powered, and the clock frequency is adjustable from 80 MHz to 240 MHz.
The user may also power off the CPU and make use of the low-power coprocessor to constantly monitor the peripherals for changes or crossing of thresholds. ESP32 integrates a rich set of peripherals, ranging from capacitive touch sensors, Hall sensors, low-noise sense amplifiers, SD card interface, Ethernet, high speed SDIO/SPI, UART, I2S and I2C.
The integration of Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi ensures that a wide range of applications can be targeted, and that the module is future proof: using Wi-Fi allows a large physical range and direct connection to the internet through a Wi-Fi router, while using Bluetooth allows the user to conveniently connect to the phone or broadcast low energy beacons for its detection.
The sleep current of the ESP32 chip is less than 5 µA, making it suitable for battery powered and wearable electronics applications.
ESP-WROOM-32 supports data rates of up to 150 Mbps, and 22 dBm output power at the PA to ensure the widest physical range. As such the chip does offer industry-leading specifications and the best performance for electronic integration, range, power consumption, and connectivity.
The operating system chosen for ESP32 is freeRTOS with LWIP; TLS 1.2 with hardware acceleration is built in as well. Secure (encrypted) over the air (OTA) upgrade is also supported, so that developers can continually upgrade their products even after their release.
Specifications and Features of ESP-WROOM-32:
- Standards: FCC/CE/IC/TELEC/KCC/SRRC/NCC
- Protocols: 802.11 b/g/n/d/e/i/k/r (802.11n up to 150 Mbps A-MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation and 0.4 us guard interval support
- Frequency range: 2.4 ~ 2.5 GHz
- Protocols: Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE specification
- Radio: NZIF receiver with -98 dBm sensitivity Class-1, class-2 and class-3 transmitter AFH
- Audio: CVSD and SBC
- Module interface: SD card, UART, SPI, SDIO, I2C, LED PWM, Motor PWM, I2S, I2C, IR, GPIO, capacitive touch sensor, ADC, DAC, LNA pre-amplier
- On-chip sensor: Hall sensor, temperature sensor
- On-board clock: 26 MHz crystal, 32 kHz crystal
- Operating voltage: 2.2 ~ 3.6V
- Operating current: Average: 80 mA
- Ambient temperature range: Normal temperature
- Operating temperature range: -40°C ~ 85°C *
- Package size: 18 mm x 25.5 mm x 2.8 mm
- Wi-Fi mode: Station/softAP/SoftAP+station/P2P
- Security: WPA/WPA2/WPA2-Enterprise/WPS
- Encryption: AES/RSA/ECC/SHA
- Firmware upgrade: UART Download / OTA (via network) / download and write firmware via host
- Software development: Supports Cloud Server Development / SDK for custom firmware development
- Network protocols: IPv4, IPv6, SSL, TCP/UDP/HTTP/FTP/MQTT
- User configuration: AT instruction set, cloud server, Android/iOS App